Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 20:11:55 +0100

Hi Marylin

If your Tamron lens lacks the depth-of-field button, it is because you have the
original Adaptall mount, and not the Adaptall/2. All Olympus Adaptall/2 Olympus
mounts have the stop-down button. But if you get one, get the one marked 'OL',
not the first version marked 'for Olympus OM', if you have an OM-3/4 with the
rubber button in the lens mount.

Roger Key, Copenhagen

Marilyn Bagshaw wrote:

I agree with you, Chris.

 Outdoor Photographer had an article, bottom line, don't replace equipment just
because you want the latest/greatest, master what you already own.  I have 2 OM
bodies, Zuiko lenses, just bought 2 more Zuikos off ebay.  Thinking I was doing
myself a favor in 1999, I bought a 28-200 Tamron zoom to take to Ireland and
reduce my load to one camera body, one lens. Disappointments include, no depth
of field feature on the Tamron.  That feature resides on Zuiko lenses.  In
taking a  shot straight down, wide angle, gravity takes the lens all the way
out to its full 200 mm zoom.  You have to hold the lens up with your fingers.
Talk about camera shake!

Marilyn
2 cents worth in California!