Re: [OM] Lens sharpness

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens sharpness
From: "Alan" <atk@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 29 Oct 2001 13:12:42 -0000
Another point of view:

There is much more to image quality then "sharpness" or "resolution". Some of
the zuiko lenses are very good some are not. The only sad thing is that the
poor lenses will never be improved upon (since olympus has stopped developing
the line). While the 50f1.2, 90f2, 250f2 and several others are truly
wonderful lenses - olympus fame is more towards size then pure optical quality.
The zooms tend to be rather poor (esp in the 70-200 range) as well as the
telephoto lenses. Anyway, I'll stop here before someone ties me to a stake and
lights a match...

Alan