RE: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)

Subject: RE: [OM] First Olympus OM? (kinda long)
From: Scott Gomez <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 11:22:10 -0800
I bought my OM-1n, a 50mm/1.8 and a (n)ever-ready case in 1980. It was my
second SLR (the previous one having been one from Sears, given to me by my
parents as a gift while I was in high school). I was fresh out of the US
Navy, had a wife and baby daughter to support and wasn't making much money
yet. It took some serious scrimping and saving to be able to afford that
camera. I've never regretted it though.

The 1n was my only Oly body for many years. I added a 135/3.5, a T-20, a
Winder 2, a BG2 and a couple of 3rd party lenses over the years. Earlier
this year the camera went for a CLA and is still in occasional use, although
I find I'm much more likely to grab my 4T or my 2N lately.

I agree with Paul, it's always interesting to read where/how people got
started with OM gear.

---
Scott Gomez