[OM] Rebuilding My OM-1n

Subject: [OM] Rebuilding My OM-1n
From: Jim Mueller <support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 11:08:40 -0800
Being adventurous, I am going about rebuilding my OM-1n myself. The body is
near mint cosmetically and appears to have had little use. All functions appear
to work. Rather than opt for the battery
conversion, I decided to purchase new mercury px625 batteries from
http://www.px625.com/ . Recently, I installed new light seals and mirror foam.

My light seals for my OM-1n arrived from Camtech yesterday, Saturday.

I went out and bought some "Goo" adhesive and installed the seals per
instructions on Camtech's Web site. Prior to Saturday, I had spent 2-3 days
carefully removing the old broken down gooey mess
that were the old light seals and mirror foam.

The installation went flawlessly. After installation, I can detect a noticable
decrease in mirror slap with the new mirror foam and seals. I ran a roll of
film through the camera and hopefully
exposures will be right on with no light leaks.

 I checked the exposure meter of the OM-1n with a new px625 battery against my
OM2000. The OM2000 has both center-weighted average (which I used as the
benchmark) and spot. The OM-1n matched the
exposure meter of the OM2000 about 850f the time. There were a few instances
where the OM-1n read about 1/2 stop higher.

Now, on Sunday, I have to find a 1 hour developer.

Crossing My Fingers,

jim mueller