Re: [OM] Moderator on List

Subject: Re: [OM] Moderator on List
From: "Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 19 Aug 2001 22:51:00 +1000
I thought there would at least have been some support for it. We forget too
quickly how close this list came to utter mayhem and my role in protecting it.
I'm volunteering and willing to give my time freely to ensure that it doesn't
happen again. I thought it would have at least been a source for more
discussion based on its merits!

I seem to have been wrong. I still maintain that it was my idea of starting a
vote that solved our problems last week and think everyone may be forgetting
that.

I wonder if we are truly protected with the list being closed. I still think
extra measures are required. Maybe I've raised a very unpopular topic here.
Maybe the true vote for some of my ideas will come with the rate of
participation in ADITL IV. I really can't believe so many of you are against a
moderator. The list remains open to abuse. Lets use this opportunity to close
all the loopholes. I'll take every picture contributed to ADITL to mean at
least in principle support for some of my ideas.

Just my thoughts.

Dave