Re: [OM] Moderator on List

Subject: Re: [OM] Moderator on List
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 22:45:55 EDT
In a message dated 8/18/01 6:51:14 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
packardc@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Yes, new members
>  ask a lot the same questions and as a result they appear on the list
>  time and again. A better solution is to create a FAQ page and direct new
>  members there with their questions and not make them take a test.
>  Perhaps that and other information could be included in a welcome
>  message.

Excellent suggestion, Charles.

How about a "Welcome!" message that new members automatically received upon
initial subscription (is that what you meant?)?  Such message could provide
not only a welcome and list of FAQ (updated from time to time), but also
could include a list of links (the Oly Web, of course, and also links to
beginning photography pages, for example); a "Who's Who" of the list, and
general etiquette for posting to the list, to get the newbies (like me, not
so long ago) off to a good start.

Rich