Re: [OM] Moderator on List

Subject: Re: [OM] Moderator on List
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2001 09:23:46 +0000
"Dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" wrote:

> Since it is public now, I think we should discuss the possibility of a
> moderator openly. I also think that now that the list is closed lets keep it
> closed. No more discussion of opening it again. If anything we should talk
> about further security measures.

Dave, I think your suggestions are far too restrictive.

However, another list I was on had what they called "list moms", who had
the power to kick someone off the list if they got out of hand. If an OT
thread went on too long, or if it developed in to a flame war, a private
email was sent to the offending purpretators asking them to knock it
off. If that didn't work, they were kicked off the list.

Perhaps you would consider being a "list mom"??

--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright