[OM] HTML

Subject: [OM] HTML
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2001 06:31:43 -0500
Perhaps you are two new a member to understand or even a newbie on the
internet.

Etiquette on this list, and honestly all lists and newsgroups, is to not
post in HTML.  The digests cannot handle it and actually put all of the raw
HTML into the digest.

So, anyone posting in HTML will be politely requested to not do so. Not sure
why you picked on Les, as I believe it was John Hermanson who originally
requested that the postings in HTML (specifically the red text on a blue
background be discontinued).

Oben, you can be a valuable member of this list. I have enjoyed your posts
since you have been here and you have a unique opportunity to purchase and
share your experiences with equipment that most on the list, including
myself, will never see.

I ask you to please go back to the 'basics' and focus on the photography and
OM.  Your recent posts, including those directed at me, have been somewhat
mean spirited snipes and are not adding to the list, nor reflecting well on
you.

Tom

> At 08:36 AM Tuesday 7/08/2001, you wrote:
>

>   Maybe I'm being too critical, particularly as English is my second
language?

>   David
>
> No, but I think you'll be getting a message or two from the list's HTML
policeman *Dr Lesley Clark*.

> I remember getting two private email postings from him to "please desist"
from mailing HTML.

> Is he still quoting email addresses in his public postings here?
>
> (I have a filter sending his mail to the garbage can and have not seen his
one line posts hence the question.)

> Someone please ask him to stop this forthwith if he is continuing the
practice. < This message was delivered via the