RE: [OM] [OT] Email Address Harvest Was: [OT] 'Diaphragm'

Subject: RE: [OM] [OT] Email Address Harvest Was: [OT] 'Diaphragm'
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 09:57:46 -0400
At 03:13 PM 8/7/01 +0200, Olafo wrote:

There's many ways to go about this, it is tremendously easy to write a
program that does indeed scan message bodies/headers and webpages for e-mail
addresses (typically a regular expression involving a pattern which contains
at least an @ character will be used).

[snip]

Finally, whenever I receive a message via the list, I can readily see who
sent it. The sender is indicated as the Olympus list address, but between
parentheses the name of the sender is shown, double clicking it reveals
their e-mail address, so I don't quite understand the fuzz about quoting
someone's e-mail address in a message: as soon as you send a message to the
list, your address can be found.

Hi Olafo,

I guess that was my thinking. I realize that a program "could" be written to harvest addresses from the body of Email but has anyone actually done it? As you said, it would appear to be more straight forward to just get it from the header information.

Later,
Johnny