[OM] [OT] Email Address Harvest Was: [OT] 'Diaphragm'

Subject: [OM] [OT] Email Address Harvest Was: [OT] 'Diaphragm'
From: Johnny Johnson <jjohnso4@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 08:52:57 -0400
At 06:38 PM 8/7/01 +1000, Oben wrote:

Is he still quoting email addresses in his public postings here?

(I have a filter sending his mail to the garbage can and have not seen his one line posts hence the question.)

Someone please ask him to stop this forthwith if he is continuing the practice.

Hi y'all (and Oben too),

Oben has stated several times recently that spammers harvest addresses from the body of Emails. I've never seen this mentioned anywhere else and haven't been able to verify it by searching the Web; I'm curious if anyone else has found this to be true. It hasn't been true in my case since my address is in the body of every Email that I send and the only spam I receive is from this List.

Later,
Johnny