Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...
From: GFaulk7376@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:21:52 EDT
In a message dated 7/11/01 2:41:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Well, after all our discussions re: eB*y and being careful, I just received
> a Tokina AT-X 24-40/2.8 zoom lens for the OM which upon initial inspection
> was fine, but which I discovered has a couple of problems:

Garth,
It's a shame the lens isn't in good condition. Years ago I purchased one and
found it to be an excellent lens.It's the only fast wide angle zoom available
in an OM mount. I liked it so much I eventually accumulated 3 of them. I sold
one to a list member in France a couple of weeks ago. One problem I have had
with nearly every used Tokina lens I have purchased is oily aperture blades.
Tokina has cleaned them for a very reasonable fee, but I find it hard to
believe that I'm the only one who has this problem with ATX lenses.  ATX
lenses with this problem have been: 50-250F4.0-5.6, 80-200F2.8, 24-40f2.8,
and 100-300F4.0. My 90 mm ATX macro was purchased new in 1992 and still works
fine.

Gary Faulkenberry