Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 13:41:09 -0700
No argument re the USPS. RE UPs overseas: the main problem with their prior operation vis-a-vis shipments to Spain was the domestic agent they were forced (at that time--1989-90) to employ in lieu of the ability to run their own operation within that country's borders. UPS now has their own offices in Spain and for all I know things run more smoothly. (I'd like to think so.)

Having said that . . . I just received yet another UPS shipment this morning from Camera West in Monterey, California via UPS Ground and sure enough the box came partially crushed at one of its corners. Inside was the little 40mm Zuiko I purchased the other day. Thankfully, all was well with the lens--at least I think all is well.

I have never had an issue of this sort with Federal Express. If and when I do I just might think about changing over yet again, maybe to Airborne Express. But the thing is, my FedEx account is over 10 years of duration and they haven't failed me yet.

As you know, John, from my personal pleas to you to use my FedEx account and not to ship your stuff via your normal method which is UPS, I'm quite serious about t6his. UPS is unreliable within my experience. Better than the USPS? Who isn't? But FedEx it ain't.

Tris