RE: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...

Subject: RE: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...
From: Tris Schuler <tristanjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 11:38:17 -0700
I don't know about the list (a newbie myself) but while UPS has always had clean trucks they've also always had issues with stuff getting lost or damaged somehow. Years ago I used UPS to ship a printer of mine to Spain for me. It came and sat in customs in Madrid for several weeks as their "agent" ignored it completely. At last, the customs people returned it to the USA where it sat in customs again for awhile, this time in Tennessee. It took UPS three and a half weeks to track my printer down when I approached them, at which juncture they reshipped it to Spain, using the same domestic agent (there), who brought it to me house and had the sand asked me for extra
payment. I let my wife (Basque) handle that one. <g>

It's going on eleven years now and I've used Federal Express ever since. Like I say, they haven't screwed up yet.

Tris