Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...

Subject: Re: [OM] Well, sometimes you just get hosed...
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 14:40:24 -0400
If the $40.45 isn't insurance she should have know she wasn't selling me the
correct service, she was pushing the buttons for something I wasn't asking
for.
It's "nice"  they have faith in Australian post office.  That faith won't
replace a customers camera, it does cleverly  alleviate the PO from any
responsibility in case of loss.

Very frustrating when cost is NOT an object, THE object is getting a
customers camera back to him well protected.   If they damaged it, we would
have recourse for the camera owner (in this case Cris Johansen, did you get
your 2S?  I hope so).

If this button pusher knew what she was doing she would have said "Oh, you
need more insurance, lets send it as a parcel, now you can have all the
insurance you want."

As Captain Kirk once said "I guess I just expect too much of people".

As I left the PO that day, I suggested to all on line to take their safety's
off.

John  Hermanson
omtech@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.zuiko.com
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South Lane,  Huntington NY 11743-4714
Phone/fax 631-424-2121
Free Olympus Manuals: 1-800-221-3000