Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply

Subject: Re: [OM] Marketing Ploy / User OM-4 -Reply
From: george <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 22:36:19 -0800
Well, somebody's got to defend Buddy. Course, me doing it may make
things worse for him:>)

First, Susan, Buddy's no idiot. And you calling him that is out of line,
and not very musical. He's been around for a couple of years and he
mainly asks questions and contributes answers.  Kind of a mainstream
listmember I'd say.

As for Tom's posts on his purchases, I admit, I do get a vicarious kick
out of hearing his latest score.  Some of his deals seem almost too good
to be true. (Gritting my teeth with jealousy.)  But I'm not too keen on
some of his sales tactics.  Too often he'll say - "I might sell this if
the price is right."  or  "Here's a great xxx I'm thinking of selling.
E-mail me offlist if you're interested." No price is mentioned in some
of his 'ads', which is a method of selling that I thought we frowned
on.  or "I have no idea what this yyy is worth. Tell me what you think
it's worth ..."

All that said, and I do think Buddy has a point, I have no huge problem
with Tom's posts about his buying sprees. They are a bit repetitious,
that's it.  I hope he does continue to flaunt his good luck and hard
work at us.  But I do think he's treading on the edge of the dealer
line, (witness his sales web site) but he hasn't crossed it yet IMHO.

george

As for this particular post of his