Re: [OM] Ebay Scams and persoanl attacks

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay Scams and persoanl attacks
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 21:54:57 +0000
Gary

Thanks for the additional info on the 24/2.

You are quite correct about the Internet transforming retail markets I
believe.

I used to live in Perth Oz and that was a dead-zone for Olympus gear.  Not
only that but the hugely greedy markup by the sole Australian Importer
meant SH prices were very high.

When I discovered what US prices were for the same gear I started shopping
via the net.  Consequently I acquired lenses from Texas, California,
Alaska, Ohio, The Netherlands and Sydney.  All at prices considerably less
than i would have paid locally, even taking into account shipping charges
and import duty.

Now I live in another dead zone but the Internet is still there and the
shipping charges are lower 8-)

Giles