[OM] My personal ebay experiences

Subject: [OM] My personal ebay experiences
From: "Tom Scales" <tscales@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 12:50:29 -0600
I know this thread has been beaten to death, but I'm back in the Oly fold
after a lengthy absence and ebay has been amazing for me.  I have to stop
myself from overpaying, but I have really filled out my collection.
Locally, I can't find anything at all!

Good experiences so far.  My first one, oddly enough, was an OM4 (black) and
the shutter almost immediately stuck. I was in a panic, of course.  Took it
to my local (trusted) repair shop and its going to be around $100 to fix and
do a complete clean (ok, ignorant question from an oldie and newbie at the
same time---what's a CLA?).  Wrote the seller, who immediately offered to
pay for it.  I actually wouldn't let him, as his sale was clearly in good
faith, so we split it (which he paid in more Oly equipment. (always wanted a
little T20 to add to my T32).

I've bought a bunch and once I decide what to keep will sell a bunch.  There
are risks, but ebay is a smashing success to me.

Tom