Re: [OM] Ebay Scams and persoanl attacks

Subject: Re: [OM] Ebay Scams and persoanl attacks
From: Gregg Iverson <giverson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 20:16:25 -0500
This has pointed out another aspect of internet shopping that is really
nice.  By following the prices of items that are listed (as on ebay) one
who might otherwise be ignorant of an item's value can quickly find it's
current worth.

For example, several weeks ago I spotted a 24 mm f2.8 MC in a local
camera store (among all the 50 mm 1.8s).  It was listed for $100 USD.  I
passed it up because I didn't want to spend that kind of money.  When I
got home I immediately went to Gary's test info, to the file of average
ebay prices, and to b&h photo, KEH, Charlotte Camera and several others
to see what the market value of that lens is.  Needless to say, I
quickly got on the phone and purchased the lens! I would have been
afraid to do that based on my knowledge alone.

Gregg