Initial lens? Re: [OM] Camera for beginner

Subject: Initial lens? Re: [OM] Camera for beginner
From: Nicholas Lee <njl25@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 12:37:43 +0100 (BST)
On Thu, 26 Aug 1999, Joel Wilcox wrote:

> not having.  For tramping around where cold or moisture might be an issue,
> the OM-1(N) or OM2000 might be more reliable. In high humidity the OM-2S
> has been known to lockup its shutter. Cold too.

>From considering it seems that the OM-1(N) is the best for my desires
camera to get.  Particularly since I might do some high mountain climbing
in NZ with it.

I would think because the OM2000 has electronics as well, it might have
the same problem.

However, I had a look at it and I dislike the led light meter compared to
the gauge in the OM-1.  It certainly doesn't feel as hard wearing or long
lasting either.

So mow my consideration is find a cheap good quality OM-1 body, and maybe
a couple lens. 8)

I would think that the standard 50mm f/1.8 is probably a good cheap first
lens option.  What would be a good initial zoom lens to go with this
system for nature, landscape shots?

I've seen a 75-150 f/4, which seems reasonable and in my possible price
range.

Thanks,
Nicholas