Re: [OM] Camara for beginner

Subject: Re: [OM] Camara for beginner
From: "Terry and Tracey" <foxcroft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 1999 17:30:48 +1000
> Compacts certain do the job, but now I'm interested in exploring a little
> more the art of photography.  So I'm looking for a good fully manual 35 mm
> SLR. It was suggested by a sales person that a OM-1 (there where a couple
> for around £200 with 50mm len) would be the perfect camera to learn with.

I cannot recommend the OM-1n enough. It doesn't have spot metering, but I
just meter off my hand and open up one stop. Or move closer s othe subject
fills the frame and meter.
It is a better camera than the 2000. It is a professional camera, and
accepts all the Olympus parts. It doesn't have auto. I find manual easy and
I have to learn auto.

My 1n has been through heat and cold, Antarctic dryness and cold, and never
failed me. My auto camera (2SP) fails due to exhausted batteries too often
(still a great camera though).

Go the 1n.

Foxy