Re: [OM] Camera for beginner

Subject: Re: [OM] Camera for beginner
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 1999 21:12:45 -0600
At 04:13 PM 8/26/99 -0500, Joel Wilcox wrote:

[snip]

>For various Zuikoholic reasons I have several OM-2S's and OM-1's. I don't
>use the OM-1's much anymore, if that tells you anything.  My OM-1N's meter
>seems a little more exact and faithful, for some reason, and if you use
>flash at all the OM-1N's ready light is something you'll prefer having to
>not having.  For tramping around where cold or moisture might be an issue,
>the OM-1(N) or OM2000 might be more reliable. In high humidity the OM-2S
>has been known to lockup its shutter. Cold too.

Actually, I just experienced this same problem with my OM-4 at the top of
Whistler Mountain in (where else?) Whistler, B.C., where my brother-in-law just
married his blushing bride.  Damn thing locked up three times during the
ceremony -- all I did to reset it was remove the lens for a moment and then
re-attach.  The conditions were both cold (about +5 degrees Celsius) and *very*
humid (the area got blanketed with cloud, which looks like "Scotch mist" from
inside...).  Never saw an OM-4 do that before...

Garth