RE: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem

Subject: RE: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 16:16:07 -0400
> Jeffrey Weiss wrote:

I should have lurked longer if I'd had the time but the messages several
have sent me essentially say that one should not disagree with those on the
list dispensing free advice.
My apologies for upsetting anyone; it wasn't my goal. :-(
I'll go to lurk mode and only reply privately to further posts on this
subject.
The best I can come up with in lieu of any list feedback is to run a bead of
metal-filled epoxy around the shoe mount and try that . I'll let people know
if it works if there's any interest.

Jeffrey,
I think the point most of us were trying to make wasn't that you should not
disagree with those dispensing free advice, but it is a bad idea to get
inside your camera.  Period.
John Hermanson has given us some good advice in the past, and a lot of help.
I don't believe that it was solely his belief that most of us should "play
around inside", in fact, it would probably get him a little extra business.
I do know that every time I have played inside a camera, like someone else
mentioned, consider it disposable first, because it likely will be disposed
of when you're through.  Unless you, me, have a lot of experience or money
to burn, it's just not worth destroying a camera.
I still have the prism and shock absorber left from the first OM-1 I took
apart as a reminder of what damage can be done...

Brian P. Huber
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx
Troy, OH