Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Hot Shoe Problem
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 09:35:44 -0400
Not incompetent.  Your just not supposed to go inside.  And after the camera
is tampered, people want to know why the repair is now 50% more than a
regular overhaul. ("But I only ripped the flex in one place", "Whata you
mean I cracked the IC"?) In those 2 cases the camera would be unfixable.

Everybodys got good intentions, but I've seen this happen so many times, I
gotta speak my mind.
Keppler said in his stripdown of the 2S (paraphrasing) ".. upon reassembly
you have to practically stand on the top to get it to close...."

John
Camtech / Olympus Service since 1977
21 South La., Huntington NY 11743-4714
516-424-2121