Re: [OM] Life is good with an OM4T - long exposure

Subject: Re: [OM] Life is good with an OM4T - long exposure
From: Wayne Shumaker <shumaker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:36:08 -0400
The long exposure was one of the reasons I got into OM's in the first
place. Recently I had a problem with an older 4T such that it would not
do exposures longer that 12 seconds, even in total darkness. I thought
maybe my trip to the carribean caused some leakage problem around the
photo diode. Instead, I discovered the problem was in a poor contact
with the battery through the bottom plate. I removed the plate and
scraped the inside of the plate near a screw hole. This improved the
connection and it now does 3+ minutes exposure in OTF mode in near
dark. Weak batteries will also contribute to poor long exposure, since
the current drain, I think, is about 7mA during exposure. So, fresh
batteries and good electrical contact for long exposures.

Wayne