Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250 vs Canon 70-200L (surpise?)

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 85-250 vs Canon 70-200L (surpise?)
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 11:34:38 EDT
Warren writes:

> As such you can compare 150mm
>  to 135mm or 250mm to 200 or 300mm because the resolution and contrast
aren't

>  going to change that much.

I need to remind folks using the charts to remember that significant
differences are between full grades, only.  I always calibrate my eye to a
set of four benchmark slides before any evaluation session.  They represent
A, B, C, and D SQF grades.  But I can't attain a consistency that goes down
to 2/3rds (e.g., A- vs. B) or 1/3rd grade differences (A+ vs. A).

Someday I'll post scanned images of that portion of the frame (center,
corner) representing those four grades.  I'll also show vignetting grades.
But meanwhile there are lots of other things to get done.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV