RE: [OM] Zuiko 85-250 vs Canon 70-200L (surpise?)

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko 85-250 vs Canon 70-200L (surpise?)
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:41:18 +0000
At 20:27 4/15/99 , Ken Norton wrote:
>photographer unique.  Who knows, I might have an element out of alignment
>that IMPROVED the lens for a given picture.  Maybe fungus is a good thing
>for a portrait lens...

Great idea!  If it's true you could snap up piles of fungi'ed lenses at
really low cost.  Then you could resell them as portrait lenses at a
healthy profit, and still be way under the cost of the custom-made portrait
lenses described on the mailing list a few days ago.

That is, at least until the rest of the world figured out what you were
doing.  Then the cost of a fungi'ed lens would undoubtedly rise until it
was considered a desirable feature that increased the value of a lens!

-- John