Re: [OM] Life is good with an OM4T

Subject: Re: [OM] Life is good with an OM4T
From: Frank van Lindert <lindertv@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 08:29:16 GMT
On Mon, 12 Apr 1999 22:31:50 -0600, "Ron Crabtree"
<crabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

snip...snip

> I plan to go back to the area and shoot
>medium format with my Pentax 6x7, and plan to set up my Om4T side by side
>with the Pentax and let the Om4T determine the exposure. Of course, I still
>love my OM1 and OM2n, but life is soooo good with a OM4T!!
>
>Ron Crabtree
>Santa Fe, NM

Hi Ron,

I agree that the big advantage of the 4T metering system is its
dynamical behaviour, taking into account changes in the light
conditions during exposure.
But how would you translate from 4T to Pentax?
Do you plan to make electrical connections between the MF and the 4T,
and have the 4T not only determine the exposure time of the MF but
also automatically (and dynamically) control it?
Or would you just duplicate the 4T aperture setting into the Pentax
and make a bulb exposure, ending it manually at the same moment the 4T
closes the shutter?

Frank van Lindert
Utrecht NL.