Re: [OM] Completely OT/Deutschland...

Subject: Re: [OM] Completely OT/Deutschland...
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 19:51:44 +0100
Gary Schloss wrote:

> P.S. I should probably stay out of the tourism promotion business,
> as my humble, innocuous musings seem to upset the natives. :-)

Oh thanks, but we don´t need this type of adds. Mahlon would have liked
to hear from you, that not all, but many (not just some) Germans are
xenophobes, even there exist no imanent physical danger of been
"killed, slashed, and burned".

> Moreover, I hope you are not trying to imply here that all Germans
> are xenophiles.  Such a claim would be a laughable attempt to rewrite
> the history of the 20-th century.

I´m not going to discus here your countries, not exactly spotless, human
rights record.

> Actually, I have.  First, I took part in student exchange programs
> in West Germany TWICE, each time for a period of two months, and both
> times -- not far from FRA (once in Stuttgart, and 2nd time -- on the
> Rhein just north of Mainz).

Oh, stayed two times two months, impressive! So Mahlon might be an even
greater scholar in Germany sociolgy after 5 months in Germany. ;-)

I stayed 2 month in China (not only Hong Kong, Putonghua still close to
non existent, sorry Dan) and more than a year in Spain, but I never
would dream of making such statements of consequence, as you did, about
this countries.

So better keep your prejudices for yourself.

To your information: Since more than a decade Germany has hosted more
refugies, than ALL other Europian countries together. The imigration of
refugies to Germany (excluding other foreigner) was often higher than
the total imigration into the USA, an country with 5 times the poulation
and 26 times the size.
If you think any gouverment can do such with a population of xenophobes,
you´re ignorant.

> Peace,

I didn´t called you an xenophobe, as you like to apply to whole nations.

Regards

Richard