Re: [OM] Germany, here I come

Subject: Re: [OM] Germany, here I come
From: Eric Behr <behr@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 20:43:59 -0600 (CST)
Rand E. Tomcala:

>Maybe I can find a way to be offended too.  I'm sure that if I
>constantly look hard enough and convolute simple things enough, I too
>can find reason to be offended.

Sorry about off-topic, but you don't have to look hard to see why the
thread has been offensive from the start, to me, a _Pole_! The phrase is
synonymous with the Third Reich's ambitions to rule the world (America
too).

I'm sure the original poster typed it in with no bad intentions, but
using it as a general reference to Germany is just as offensive as
calling Americans "slave traders", or saying "Polish concentration
camps".

Ignorance may be bliss, but it also creates much hatred in this world.
Let's reflect on it this Christmas season instead of being offended by
the fact that someone else feels offended.

OM: how do we handle street people photography in various countries?
What are "safe" circumstances? When do you feel you can get beaten up or
even shot for taking a picture? Which cultures are "photography-friendly",
and which are not? [please change the Subject: if you reply]

--
Eric Behr         | NIU Mathematical Sciences      | (815) 753 6727
behr@xxxxxxxxxxxx | http://www.math.niu.edu/~behr/ |  fax: 753 1112