Re: [OM] Deutschland, uber alles!

Subject: Re: [OM] Deutschland, uber alles!
From: brookswf@xxxxxxxx (BILL F BROOKS)
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 18:31:04 -0600
Lucky Dog!
I was there two years ago next Feb. for only 3 weeks-not enough time!  As
I had to bring alot of *swag* from work w/me all I brought was a stupid
110 for snaps. *idiot*
Most Germans speak english and are *very* friendly, and the country is
BEAUTIFUL!
If you get the chance, about 40 klicks N. of Frankfurt is a rail stop @
Marburg-a college town w/it's own castle close by, in fact if I remember
right there are a few castles close by plus you will see some from the
train (only way IMO to get around-just don't put your feet on the seat,
the conductor will frown upon that and admonish you >;)  Marburg has all
of the *old* and the new as well, narrow cobblestone streets w/old style
wooden signs hanging from wrought-iron hangers over your head to a small
industrial park.
There is a twin-steepled brick church that is famous (I can't remember
why) And I believe Martin Luther had something to do with Marburg as
well...just outside of Marburg is a townlet called Michelbach(e)? (some
*very* old structures there, with barns inside the town limits, and an
old stone church as well)  There is a train station underneath the
airport, and a main hub about ~10-20min away.  I didn't get a chance to,
but the Black Forest is a hop and a skip away.  I don't know what's in
your kit so I can't help you there much except maybe bring a 35-70 zoom
and of course the 24

Good Hunting!!

Bill >; )
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."

*provided you have a good archival system in place...