Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....
From: Lars Haven <lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 1998 21:58:03 +0100
Apparently the concept of bracketing really hit a nerve. Just
to put a bit of extra gasoline on the fire, I'll say that for
me it is really a matter of the proper method at the proper
time. I rarely bracket in uncomplicated or well known situations,
but sometimes bracketing is just the most reliable way to get
the shot just right.

As for film processing, other thing than the development
can go wrong. Just a couple of months ago some clown stole
one days batch of finished pictures from my local photo
dealer. When the thief realized that it really had no
value to him, he dumped the bags in a canal. They managed
to find and rescue about half the pictures. I was fortunate
enough not to have sent anything for processing at that time,
but many pictures were lost.

The lab I use has proven very reliable, but if I have many
rolls, I always send them in batches over a few days.
Anybody can have a bad day and I'd hate to lose everything
on a single mishap if I can avoid it so easily.

Regards
Lars
--
Lars Haven  <mailto:lhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxx> http://isa.dknet.dk/~lhaven
"When writing about women, one must dip one's pen in a rainbow"