Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....
From: PCACala@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 1998 13:35:05 EST
Doris writes [edited for content]:

> Just the mere
>  awareness that standards for ISO for film manufacturing are +- 1/3rd stop,
>  (for a given batch, which is why you SHOULD test the batch too) and that
>  the same goes for labs, should tell you that exposure is hardly [accurate].

This is what you learn early in science: the difference between accuracy and
precision.  Given all the possible variables, the OM metering *maybe* precise,
but hardly accurate.  Remember my report on film reflectance variation?  Count
on 2/3 stop variation either way for OTF metering alone.  It is a "push and
pray"
 operation, folks.

Gary (who only trusts a hand held spot meter for the best shots) Reese
Las Vegas, NV