Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....

Subject: Re: [OM] bracketing was response to my filter questions....
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 02:03:09 EST
I'm a bit upset to find out that I could be more than one stop off with use of
the spotmeter and a linear polarizer and sympathize with your loss of
irreplacable photos. My photos are also irreplaceable but have no monetary
value because I don't sell them.  I usually use the averaging meter on my OM2s
or OM4 and bracket a stop or so if I though the shot was a keeper, but never
more than that.

Was the exposure problem a function of the high altitude (more polarized
light) and the spotmeter?  If you were three stops off, this mean the ratio of
the filtered light was as much as 8 times greater than that light 90 degrees
away.  Maybe I've never encountered such a situation (for sure never in smoggy
Los Angeles).

Warren Kato