Re: [OM] Any Body Know of a Zukio -> Leica M Lens mount adapter

Subject: Re: [OM] Any Body Know of a Zukio -> Leica M Lens mount adapter
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 1998 01:50:42 EST
In a message dated 98-12-07 21:29:31 EST, Leonard K. Nicholson,wrote:

<< My question is does anybody know of where I can get a Zukio lens to
 Leica M lens mount adapter so that I can use my Olympus Zukio lens on my
 Leica M6 camera?  >>

Physically this should be possible because the register distances are longer
for the OM mount but how would you focus the lens without the rangefinder
cams?

In a message, FBrunelle@xxxxxxx, wrote:
<<I am also new to this list and I am looking at exactly the opposite way from
this gentleman.  I am actulally looking for a way to mount Leica R-lenses onto
an Olympus OM-4T.  I have encountered a web site that lists some mounts along
with some register values but I do not understand what it really means.>>

The web site you were looking at was probably Markerink's site that listed
register distances  (http://www.a1.nl/phomepag/markerink/mounts.htm).  The
register distance is the distance from the outer surface of the lens mount to
the film plane. The register distance for the camera system lens you want to
adapt has to be greater than that for the camera system body (if you want to
maintain infinity focus).  In this case the Leica R distance is 47mm vs. the
OM 46mm. It's probably not possible to design an adapter to work in such tight
confines.

If one were to remove the Leica lens mount, one would probably find a threaded
fittings or screw on fitting to attach the mount to the body of the lens. This
could be removed and, for great cost, another fitting could be made for any
camera. I have done this for cheaper lens, but never a Leica (shudder!!).

Warren Kato