Re: [OM] Super Telephoto

Subject: Re: [OM] Super Telephoto
From: Mark <om4ti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 20 Aug 1998 14:36:33 -0400
Ingemar,
   I own both of the 180s. I used the 180/2.8 extensivly for years. In
fact mine looks pretty well worn. I have never had a complaint about the
contrast and disagree with those test results. I feel the 180/2.8 is a
very fine lens. I still use the 180/2.8 from time to time just for the
size and weight savings over the big 180/2.

   The 180/2 is AWESOME. I do try and take it as often as possible. The
images are just outstanding even with the 1.4X teleconverter. Sharpness
and contrast are beyond any of my other Zuikos.

   Since I already owned the 180/2.8 it was a hard decision to spend the
money on the faster glass. I am very glad I did. And it has convinced me
that I need to get one of the 250/2s one of these days.

                        Mark