Re: [OM] Super Telephoto

Subject: Re: [OM] Super Telephoto
From: Ingemar Uvhagen <ingemar.uvhagen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 1998 20:06:37 +0200
Mark skrev:

> Ingemar,
>    I own both of the 180s. I used the 180/2.8 extensivly for years. In
> fact mine looks pretty well worn. I have never had a complaint about the
> contrast and disagree with those test results. I feel the 180/2.8 is a
> very fine lens. I still use the 180/2.8 from time to time just for the
> size and weight savings over the big 180/2.

I am not surprised. One should always be questioning test that shows results
that bad.
But one have to believe them as they have actually tested (?) the lens.
Or?Maybe they
tested a lens with a glass turned backwards (was it not "gma" who had
experience this
on his 35/2.8 ?) and therefore got the bad result?
Good to hear a positive comment on the 180/2.8 though.

>    The 180/2 is AWESOME. I do try and take it as often as possible. The
> images are just outstanding even with the 1.4X teleconverter. Sharpness
> and contrast are beyond any of my other Zuikos.

I have heard this to.

>    Since I already owned the 180/2.8 it was a hard decision to spend the
> money on the faster glass. I am very glad I did. And it has convinced me
> that I need to get one of the 250/2s one of these days.

Good luck! Hope you will find one!

--
Regards/
  Ingemar Uvhagen