Re: [OM] Re: Beattie Screens

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Beattie Screens
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 1998 18:44:56 -0400
>>I spoke with the people at Cambridge Camera.  They said they would have
to special
order Beattie screens (at "around $60 ea.") and shipping to Long Island (from
Manhattan) would be another $12.
As a gesture to the list members, The Beattie screens will  be priced at
$59.95 +  $5
shipping.  As Camtech is a small organization, there's no point in carrying
something
if we don't profit from it.  We appreciate your business!>>

Cambridge! Yucch!

So, in typical Cambridge fashion, they are making about a 3000rofit on
the freight, which would cost them about $2.50. B&H is at $64.95, and they
mark up the freight also. JH is practically giving them away!

Personally, I have preferred the Beatties to the 2-13, although not
everyone agrees...

Regards,

Denton Taylor
Photogallery at www.dentontaylor.com