Re: [OM] Frowning on Smile Photo and Video

Subject: Re: [OM] Frowning on Smile Photo and Video
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 1998 15:13:40 -0700

--
I was trying not to get involved in this thread, but I've been sucked in
a n d I c a n t h e l p m y s e l f.  So, here goes!.. bow wow ...

(Caveat: details below may not be exact, but jist is accurate) What's
interesting to me is that I first saw Brians' name when he asked a
question on rec.photo.mktplace about the goodness of the 28-48 zoom
cause he was thinking of buying one. I answered his question best I
could and then said that I had a few used Oly items I'd be selling soon
and to let me know if he was interested.  Well, I never got ANY reply
from him.  Turns out I could've saved him couple $$hundred because one
of the things I think I'll be selling is an 85 F/2, which he purchased
new for, did he say $399?  Oh well his loss.  I'm old fashioned and am
used to people responding in some way when I attempt to help them so I
haven't paid any heed to any of his ?s on the list, which began a day or
so after my e-mail to him.  Also, yes, his questions were pretty basic
and I'm frankly surprised at all the responses he got.

Next: I agree with Garys' points above, except that Brian could have
gone to Cambridge Camera which IMHO is a worse stinkhole than Smile. Too
bad he didn't cause I'm sure Cambridge would've told him they had the
Zuiko he wanted, then would've taken his money and shipped a Cambron
instead.

Now, as for the 250 F/2, BW:  my rental rate is $29.95/day plus 29cents
per shot. This is per film frame shot OR per shot to the head, either
one!

george  :>)

PS: For those who may be interested, I will be posting a list of items
for sale soon and I hope to pass on some bargains.  One question I need
to answer for myself between now and then: I'll be selling either an
85F/2 OR a 100F/2 which should it be???? (Yeah, I will check the
archives for lots of discussion.)  I'm also thinking of selling my 90
macro cause I've now got an 80F/4 and a 50F/2 and I'll keep either the
85 or the 100 so I think the 90 will be superflous (Oh, and I need the
$$$).  Can somebody please talk me out of that one?

For reference, known to be in the mix to sell are: 50F/1.2; 300F/4.5; an
OM-1; either a 4 or a 4T. All these because I now have 2 of each!
Possibly a 50F/1.4, 21F/3.5, another OM-1, a slide copier, a 90F/2 and
either the 85 or 100.  Prices and conditions to follow soon.

Oh, and I'm also selling all my N***n gear: an FE-2, a 55F/2.8micro, a
flash and a focusing magnifier. Contact me off-line if interested in
those. I swear I won't tell anyone!