Re: [OM] Frowning on Smile Photo and Video

Subject: Re: [OM] Frowning on Smile Photo and Video
From: Gary Schloss <schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 1998 11:23:40 -0800
Brian E. Robinson wrote:

>Here is my story and you draw your own conclusions.

[snip a sad tale of rookie trying to swim with mail-order sharks]

>I personally will not ever do business with Smile again. I don't
>give people who try to take my money second chances.

Brian, with all due respect, I'm a bit puzzled.  You had surfaced
on this list a few short weeks ago, asked almost any conceivable
trivia question (film, filters, batteries -- you name it), and got
plenty of good, solid advice absolutely free of charge (admittedly,
not from me, but then -- thank God, I don't teach freshman courses
anymore :-)).

However, when comes the time to spend your hard-earned $$$'s, you
randomly(?) pick the least reputable photo mail-order stinkhole
on the Planet, and almost get burned. All this -- without as much
as giving anyone in this forum the chance to help you out with your
OM needs, or at least to point you in the right direction.

Now, pls, pls convince me why should anyone around here ever again
take YOU seriously, or give YOU a second chance.

Mildly pissed off,

/Gary Schloss.
Studio City, CA
schloss@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx