Re: [OM] It's all for sale...

Subject: Re: [OM] It's all for sale...
From: fdayrit@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 12:53:52 -0500

Denton Taylor wrote:

> >>But if you look at the line up of cameras
> and systems available on the market, what other manufacturer still sells
> manual focus cameras and lenses brand new that can be considered a real
> system?>>
>
> Correct, only Contax & Leica.
>
> >>Now among the three contenders which can be considered full system manual
> focus cameras, let us look at their metering systems. Which can provide,
> spot metering? C*nt*x and Olympus.>>
>
> Not correct. leica R8 has spot metering.

forgive me for not including Leica, but they are just way too expensive, both
cameras and lenses but the point that i want to show here was that Olympus was
the only one with multi-spot metering in the lot.

> >>Their value also increases but the sad part is that I
> can't buy that 90/2.0 brand new anymore.>>
>
> Again not correct. I bought my 90 2.0 macro from B&H new only a few months
> ago. Couldn't find one used. Also bought a ring flash and power supply at
> the same time. A number of Zuiko lenses are available new still. I think
> Olympus will keep the macro end of the line alive until the end. In fact, I
> plan to go up to B&H in the next few weeks and pick up a 20/2 bellows
> lens... New!

What i meant was that I wouldn't be able to afford them new, I know they are
available.

> (See, I still defend Olympus; and still love them!)
>
> >>By the way, what is your #? I'm in Manhattan. Thanks.
>
> I can usually be reached days at 212-929-5550. My business is in Manhattan;
> i live in Brooklyn.
>
> Regards,
> Denton

I'll drop you a line one of these days, i'm at 212-387-0120, nights

Francis (i feel the need to say that i am a male since Americans have this
perception of Francis as being a woman's name!!)