Re: [OM] It's all for sale...

Subject: Re: [OM] It's all for sale...
From: PCA Cala <PCACala@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:57:29 EST
Hi Denton:

<< OTOH, at some point, if prices continue to appreciate, it gets to the point
where one becomes afraid to take the stuff out in the field. >>

I believe I said that very thing when the price increase was first announced
here.  Never-the-less, I am over the shock and am gearing up to acquire
whatever I think I'll need over the long haul to keep my system usable into
the future.  That's primarily going to be extra used bodies to take lower the
shooting load on my existing ones.  I can hardly justify heavier OLY lenses.
They won't get packed.

I also looked recently at the receipts for my equipment and have noted that he
price appreciation has been going on for years.  As well it should for this
niche system.  I don't see other system owners able to carry in one camera
vest 8 prime lenses (or 7 with one petite zoom) and two bodies with hoods and
filters.  From the looks of it, current 35 mm equipment weight is CLEARLY
resulting in more and more American photographers tailgate shooting from the
back ends of their sport utility vehicles.  I'm lucky to still have the legs
to be able to bushwack to a better viewpoint with my OLY and 4x5.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV