Re: [OM] It's all for sale...

Subject: Re: [OM] It's all for sale...
From: Denton Taylor <denton@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 09:55:53 -0500
>>But if you look at the line up of cameras
and systems available on the market, what other manufacturer still sells
manual focus cameras and lenses brand new that can be considered a real
system?>>

Correct, only Contax & Leica.

>>Now among the three contenders which can be considered full system manual
focus cameras, let us look at their metering systems. Which can provide,
spot metering? C*nt*x and Olympus.>>

Not correct. leica R8 has spot metering.

>>Their value also increases but the sad part is that I
can't buy that 90/2.0 brand new anymore.>>

Again not correct. I bought my 90 2.0 macro from B&H new only a few months
ago. Couldn't find one used. Also bought a ring flash and power supply at
the same time. A number of Zuiko lenses are available new still. I think
Olympus will keep the macro end of the line alive until the end. In fact, I
plan to go up to B&H in the next few weeks and pick up a 20/2 bellows
lens... New!

(See, I still defend Olympus; and still love them!)

>>By the way, what is your #? I'm in Manhattan. Thanks.

I can usually be reached days at 212-929-5550. My business is in Manhattan;
i live in Brooklyn.

Regards,
Denton