Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-2S Meter Question
From: gma <gma@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 10:06:17 -0800
PCA Cala wrote:

> Hi George:
>
> Thanks for that posting.  I'm using a Sekonic Dual Spot F (L-778) and it has
> multi-spot measuring, but with the markings on an aperture scale.  I'd sure
> prefer a shutter speed scale.
>
> Good to hear of your opinion in using the OM-4 as a spot meter for a 4x5.  I
> keep thinking I'd rather have a OM-4 and 200 mm f/5.0 combo to meter with,
> instead of the Sekonic.  But maybe I'm coveting a OM-4 too much to be sensible
> this matter.
>
> Gary Reese

Gary;

First, I'd like to say that your messages to the list are most helpful.
Thanks.  I'm happy you saw some value this post of mine.

Haven't seen the Sekonic.  I'll have to check that out.  You know,
sometimes I seriously consider going back to the 4T as 4x5 meter,
especially since I sometimes have it and a couple of lenses in my 4x5
pack anyway.

But I would need a really light-weight long focal length lens, 300 F/4.5
just ain't making the weight cut even the 65-200 is a bit much!  ( Maybe
this new light-weight zoom they're selling with the 2000??)  As I'm
writing this I'm thinking wouldn't it be great to have the 4T meter
system in a Pentax or Sekonic spot-meter form-factor????  Zone system to
go! Say, anybody got any Venture Capital available??

Aside: I try to get out your way (from Silicon Valley) at least once a
year for a 2-week photo trip.  Finally did some work at Valley of Fire
last time.  My favorite spots are in the 4-corners area, though.  Maybe
we'll run into each other out that way sometime.

george