Re: [OM] 85mm deliberate coma design

Subject: Re: [OM] 85mm deliberate coma design
From: Stephen Troy <sctroy60@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2022 18:54:42 -0400
Regarding the 85/2 and 100/2 - if I remember my brother's comments
correctly (he's a pro photographer), both are great lenses but you have to
use the right one for the right purpose.  The 85/2 is indeed a stellar
portrait lens, and a very good one.  The 100/2 is amazingly sharp and
contrasty and makes a terrible portrait lens.  My brother said something
along the lines of "the 100 is so sharp and contrasty that it will show
every pore and wrinkle.  NOT a good portrait lens" but a great lens when
you need sharpness and contrast.  For pleasing portraits, the 85 is the way
to go.  Both were favorites of his.

Steve Troy