Re: [OM] 85mm deliberate coma design

Subject: Re: [OM] 85mm deliberate coma design
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2022 16:46:42 -0400
On 9/25/2022 1:47 PM, DZDub wrote:
On Sun, Sep 25, 2022 at 10:58 AM Wayne Shumaker<om3ti@xxxxxxxx>  wrote:

At 9/25/2022 06:14 AM, Mike wrote:
   The Z 85/2 seems to tolerate some extension nicely for macro due to
the floating element design. The CV 90 in OM mount is better in that
capacity, however.

I believe this is correct, from what I have searched online. Supposedly
the floating element was to improve the lens for closer focus and be better
for portraits.

<snip>

so the 5 element version, supposedly sharper, could be 115,000 and later.

My recollection from Gary Reese's tests is that the SC version was a little
sharper at f2 and up, the MC version sharper at f16 down.  I suspect this
is one of his earlier tests with an OM-1.

Not quite so straight forward.
<https://web.archive.org/web/20050208000949/members.aol.com/olympusom/lenstests/default.htm>

In his later tests he used a body capable of "timer" MLU.

MLU not the big deal. It's Aperture Pre-fire, In this case OM4T.

Those were the days.

These Days Moose