[OM] Yellow Flowers [was The enduring appeal of GAS and What is this bea

Subject: [OM] Yellow Flowers [was The enduring appeal of GAS and What is this beastie?]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Jun 2022 15:28:12 -0700
On 6/18/2022 8:46 AM, DZDub wrote:
On Sat, Jun 18, 2022 at 4:29 AM Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

and I want the suggestion at least of some translucence.
You've likely put your finger on it - blocked red channel. Try shooting
with much more negative EV, then pull up the
rest. In tests, I found that yellow flowers in sun may need as much as -2
EV for best results. Exposure bracketing is
not evil. 😁
Exposure bracketing is likely how I identified the problem.  I tend to
shoot -.7 exposure comp all of the time,

As do I, outside, sans heavy overcast.

so between that and some brackets,
I think I'm with you.  I believe I often prefer a little more brightness
and "out in the sun" feeling to the light than you.

May just be some difference in monitor brightness.

Some highlights that go off the grid are often OK to me.

It's subtler than that: