Re: [OM] Keep or no?

Subject: Re: [OM] Keep or no?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2022 17:35:40 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
<<Mike, there is always the Kowa  Prominar 8.5mm f2.8 lens. Very expensive but
<<zero distortion.

Thanks for mentioning.  Interesting lens.   I had rented a MF CV 10.5/0.95 and
it was a bear to focus at night.  The starry sky AF is spot on 95% of the time
and is easy peasy.
I can manually focus my Siggie on Sonnie w/o much trouble.  I had inadvertently
flipped the MF switch on the lens before and had not had the cam in MF in the
menu.  It took a while to figure out what was wrong and why 15 min of work was
down the tubes.  Point is that in the cold and dark, it is too easy to make an
error. For MFT for Marnie or me probably need to limit the lenses to AF and
take advantage of the cam's abilities.   One still has to MF for the foreground
shot but that is OK especially with a headlamp.

Eyes on the sky, Mike