Re: [OM] Keep or no?

Subject: Re: [OM] Keep or no?
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2022 22:18:40 -0800
I had rented the 7-14/2.8 before.  I know its limitations but had not taken
test shots as little time and not much choice anyways.  I want it for Astro and
Marnie will use.

For non-star struck uses, I've been quite happy with my Panny 7-14/4

Stopped down it is fine,
but wide open at 2.8 the corners are not wonderful.  It doesn't appear to be
decentered, just evenly mediocre.  To be fair I had not used a converter to
bypass the meta data that corrects the substantial barrel distortion and no
sharpening--that will soften the corners even more.

With stars, does it smear, or just move them? I just checked a 7mm shot in DxO, and there was no noticeable loss on some text from correction.

After PP it is OK, but not as sharp as the Sigi 14-24 on Sonnie which is close
to a handful of primes.
Oly needs some very fast sharp to the edge ultrawide primes.

Neither Oly nor Panny makes a prime wider than 12 mm. I wouldn't hold my breath.
😁

I am thinking of sending it back and renting it again.

Keep renting and testing. Maybe you'll find the Yeti. 😉

If want a dual use lens the PL 8-18 at least takes normal filters.

Which Moose