[OM] Keep or no?

Subject: [OM] Keep or no?
From: Mike Gordon via olympus <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2022 21:47:10 +0000 (UTC)
Cc: usher99@xxxxxxx
I had rented the 7-14/2.8 before.  I know its limitations but had not taken
test shots as little time and not much choice anyways.  I want it for Astro and
Marnie will use.  Stopped down it is fine,
but wide open at 2.8 the corners are not wonderful.  It doesn't appear to be
decentered, just evenly mediocre.  To be fair I had not used a converter to
bypass the meta data that corrects the substantial barrel distortion and no
sharpening--that will soften the corners even more. After PP it is OK, but not
as sharp as the Sigi 14-24 on Sonnie which is close to a handful of primes.
Oly needs some very fast sharp to the edge ultrawide primes.  I am thinking of
sending it back and renting it again.  If want a dual use lens the PL 8-18 at
least takes normal filters.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Oly-7-1428/

I did not take the images at all to compare across platforms, but the
difference is obvious.

The sigie had a tad of sharpening to each and no distortion correction.

https://www.olyendomike.com/Sigma-14-24-f28-centering-200/

Ultra wide dilemma, Mike