Re: [OM] Close up filters again

Subject: Re: [OM] Close up filters again
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2022 21:35:28 -0800
<<Does the Sony do focus stacking with that lens?

Still no focus bracketing to this date, but I use mostly MF lenses on Sonnie
anyways.

As do I. But I do have a couple of their AF lenses.

Oly's is baked in the firmware and can do it easily hand- held.

As does Panny, works as well as Oly, with an additional option to stack starting in the middle, then working out to nearer and farther focus. Nice, compensating for my tendency to start too close, until one tries to work with the stack in Helicon, which assumes a linear stack. 🙁 Write out as TIFFs, rename/number, stack, adds mess to the work flow.

There is a tricksy work around using a remote that I have but requires a tripod.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1635996/0

Hey, Kewl! I didn't know about that. Doesn't work with any of my bodies, but
could add a reason for switch to an A7C . . .

G. A. S. Moose